Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Diversity At its Best

I was reading on Zeropaid that an Indian company called Novatium will offer a computer for about $75. Now that is presumably without the monitor but with monitor it should only be at $100-150 tops. The article mentions that people have a choice to buy used monitors as well. I am really glad that this is happening because we need to get Indians and the rest of the poorer south asian countries ONLINE. Information will flow...

On another note, what's the deal with reggaeton? I mean, do people actually enjoy music that they can't understand (I listen to hindi because I like it so I'm being a total hypocrite right now to prove a point)? I was listening to one of my urban radio channels last week and I heard a Daddy Yankee song entitled Mirame. It sampled an indian song from the movie Yaadein called Eli Re Eli, which shocked the hell out of me because here we have a song on a popular radio channel that plays rap/rnb and we're listening to two genres of music that most people don't understand. Now that's what you call diversity.

Plug of the week: DCEmulation

Great site with a lot of dreamcast knowledge. Keep the dream alive! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment