Thursday, July 07, 2005

Firefox And I

As most of my friends know, I have been using Firefox/Bird since it was first released. I was happy with the original Mozilla suite but I wanted something light, lean, and stable. Opera's awesome browser was my other alternative so I switched to that. Loved it. Then, I wanted more. FF comes out and I wasn't that thrilled. It was small and fast and work wonders on my 533 Mhz box but I couldn't leave Opera behind just yet. Then the extension wizards started to pop up for FF and I was hooked. You could customize the hell out of the thing to suit your needs...something that was lacking in Opera (even though I still use Opera to this day). I'm glad the guys over there @ the Mozilla foundation are working hard for the little guys like me.

Hmm...a whole post without bashing M$..that must be a record or something.

Current FF Stats: Default Theme
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4

Extensions:
Adblock v.5 d2 nightly 39 (with custom block list)
Flashblock 1.3.1 (I have flash installed)
Compact Menu 1.7.2
Mouse Gestures 1.0.1
Statusbar Clock 1.7.1
Super DragAndGo 0.2.4
Single Window 1.4

I have used multiple extensions in the past (forecastfox, TBP, TBE, TM, Linky, Linkification, Greasemonkey, bugmenot, etc.) but I have found that this combination is the best for me. I have converted all of my friends and family to FF so I won't be tech support for the next year or so if they stuck to IE.

No comments:

Post a Comment