Monday, July 25, 2005

Half Blood Prince: In Retrospect

About a year and a half ago, I posted my hypothesis in what was going to happen in the book. For the most part, I was correct. ***SPOILERS AHEAD***





The first thing I noted was that I thought Dumbledore had to die so that Harry could realize his full potential and his mission in life. Sadly, the former came true and it didn't really hit me as hard as Sirius' death did. The identity of the Half Blood Prince did shock me a bit but in the back of my mind, I knew it would be who I thought it would be. The overall theme J.K.R. was going with the book was no surprise either. I knew this book would just be a transition into the final year of Hogwarts. I considered this book and the next one sort of like one final chapter to the HP series. Harry was to find the rest of the Horcruxes and destroy Voldemort but something is irking me whenever I think about that scenario. What if Voldemort accidentally turned Harry into a Horcrux without knowing it? Now that would be an awesome plot twist J.K.R. could unravel during the next book.

The love stories in the book were no surprises to me either. I knew Harry would fall for Ginny even though I know a lot of people want Harry and Hermione to end up together (which I think will happen...read on). I think in book 7 Ron will die because I think it would be the best way for J.K.R. to wrap up the loose ends. Ron HAS to die protecting Harry and Hermione but that would devastate most of the fans. Oh well, if J.K.R. wants to truly end her HP series on a spectacular note, she should let either Ron die saving Harry and/or Hermione or she should kill both Harry and Voldemort. That's my take on it. Check back in a couple of years for my synopsis on book 7 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment